Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Let me introduce myself...

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wendy, and I am a wannabe supermom (in my head, I am hearing, "Hello, Wendy," like in a support group). In case you do not understand what I mean by wannabe supermom, let me briefly explain. I love being a mom. I love being a stay-at-home wife and homeschooling mom. I have good intentions, and I come up with amazing plans and ideas. However, I fall short of my expectations of myself...a lot. I have discovered that when I do fall short and that disappointment in myself creeps in, or floods in, depending on the day, it colors the way I do everything until I can pick myself back up.
I had never considered writing a blog until one of my dearest friends (more of a sister, really) from college suggested it during one of our annual college friends get-togethers. We always share our lives with one another, and she just stopped one day and said, "You should really write about your experiences." And so the seed was planted.
Then last week I started an online Bible study from the Proverbs 31 ministry. Again and again, the leaders mention, "Comment on this in your blog and share your blog address with us or leave a comment here if you don't have a blog." And the seed grew.
So, here I am. I don't know if anyone will read it, but I love to write, so either way, I am fine.
More information about me...I have been married for 19 years, and we have 3 children together (17-year-old boy, 13-year-old boy and 8-year-old girl). My husband has 2 boys from his first marriage who are now adults.
My husband and I graduated from high school together, but we really didn't know each other until years later. We met through mutual friends. He was in the Navy, and I was in college. We dated for just over a year and then married. We lived in a small town in Georgia for 5 years, and then we returned "home" to the Charleston area of South Carolina, where we still live. We have been in the same house since 1999. As 2 former navy brats, it was very important to us to raise our children in the same place. He got out of the Navy with 12 years in and just retired from the Reserves last year. I taught for 3 years in Georgia and then 5 years in SC (high school English and Newspaper).
I have been home with my children since 2004.
We are starting our 9th year homeschooling this year.
We attend a Presbyterian church where I sing on the worship team and my husband is a deacon.
We are conservative Republicans, but I am not intending for this to be a political blog.
I guess that is enough for now. I am very excited about my first endeavor as a blogger. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment